Opioid overdose related deaths are reduced by half in communities that have access to naloxone! On December 13th, naloxone (also known by the brand name, Narcan) will be available for FREE at locations across Pennsylvania. The free distribution day is part of statewide efforts to reduce the number of opioid overdoses and get residents treatment for substance use and abuse.
Naloxone will be available at seven sites in Allegheny County. Residents can walk into any location and pick up one naloxone kit per person. People are not required to provide names or identifying information at the sites.
The distribution is from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) at the following locations in Allegheny County:
- Allegheny County Health Department Immunization Clinic, Hartley Rose Building – 425 First Ave., 4th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 from 11 am to 4 pm
- Duquesne University Pharmacy – 1860 Centre Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Millvale Community Center – 501 Lincoln Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15209
- Turtle Creek Fire Department – 125 Monroeville Ave., Turtle Creek, PA 15145
- Peter’s Episcopal Church – 4048 Brownsville Rd., Pittsburgh, PA 15227
- Stephen’s Episcopal Church – 220 8th St., McKeesport, PA 15132
- Focus On Renewal Community Resource Center – 420 Chartiers Ave., McKees Rocks, PA 15136